And informal is was....anyone get any good information? Got any good quotes? Anyways here's my little recap of Saturday.
On Saturday the focus was on the TV interview (WBOC 16) and the informal open house on the draft environmental assessment for dune repairs in the refuge.
The reporter arrived with his cameraman at noon. He spent about over an hour with us. Most of the time was out on the marsh road. They filmed be describing the state of the marsh. Then I was 'interviewed'. Well...not so sure how that turned out. I spanned the gamut of sad (almost tearing up), angry, reasonable, unknowing, smart, dumb, etc. I hope they only use the best parts! Who knows. As long as I come across as somewhat intelligent and caring. The 10-minute piece will air sometime in September.
Then I headed off to the Milton Fire House 9 miles away (on my bike). I was sorely disappointed with the format. There were several FWS staff there to answer questions. You kind of had to wait your turn. I didn't really get any good answers to the questions I asked. I would have much preferred a setting with a formal question and answer session preceded by a summary statement from refuge staff. That way everyone could hear all the questions and all the answers. As it was, the FWS got to check off that they interacted with the public. I don't think it benefited the public very much.
I'd like to hear from others in what you thought. Thanks - Melanie
We were unable to attend, but didn't mind much. It seemed to us from the beginning that this format was deliberately arranged to prevent interaction with the community as a whole and to prevent community members from working together. It seemed deliberate and insulting. Thanks you for what you have done.
ReplyDelete